“Once you’ve seen a pattern, you can’t un-see it,” says Brené Brown in her book, The Gifts of Imperfection. One pattern I see time and again is how loading people up with multiple simultaneous projects can dramatically reduce the quality of their work. Most managers and companies don’t understand this, or don’t want to understand […]
Richard Sennett is a sociologist at New York University and the London School of Economics. In the January/February 2010 issue of Utne Reader, an interview with him is reprinted from American Craft. I found these passages particularly resonant: The most radical thing that could happen in the modern workplace is for workers to say, “Let […]
Software and services professional, attentive music listener, vision enabler, instigator, reader of books and the web, vegetarian, affordable audio hobbyist, thinker, writer, blogger, tinkerer, Internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Wall Street, not workers to blame for Detroit's bankruptcy crisis, says Demos report. http://t.co/ODw4OA0WrF about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- Bill Gates: "Here are the books I read when out on the road." http://t.co/dabJ9S3rEv about 15 hours ago from Buffer
- What happens to a society that cannot distinguish between reality and illusion? http://t.co/Z2DM7Wj5bl about 17 hours ago from Buffer
- Growing "crisis of faith" highlights absurdity of creationists' pseudo-scientific claims. Good read. http://t.co/0eXpzMjo8L about 17 hours ago from Buffer
- In airport security scanning, ultra-rare items are harder to catch. http://t.co/MpY5tuOJqv about 18 hours ago from Buffer
- Poorer countries need privacy laws as they adopt new technologies. http://t.co/8iUToQr8z8 about 18 hours ago from Buffer
- Guardian will not be intimidated over NSA leaks, editor tells British MPs. http://t.co/nvaFa1Zzpq Dec 03, 2013 7:17 pm from Buffer
- The session musicians who dominated 1960s pop: the Wrecking Crew. http://t.co/sm4etWjROR Dec 03, 2013 6:45 pm from Buffer