“Once you’ve seen a pattern, you can’t un-see it,” says Brené Brown in her book, The Gifts of Imperfection. One pattern I see time and again is how loading people up with multiple simultaneous projects can dramatically reduce the quality of their work. Most managers and companies don’t understand this, or don’t want to understand […]
Richard Sennett is a sociologist at New York University and the London School of Economics. In the January/February 2010 issue of Utne Reader, an interview with him is reprinted from American Craft. I found these passages particularly resonant: The most radical thing that could happen in the modern workplace is for workers to say, “Let […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, tinkerer, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- A privilege to hear Emmylou Harris & Daniel Lanois perform the Wrecking Ball album live tonight at Massey Hall. http://t.co/qHNUcxrNnU about 55 minutes ago from Buffer
- These days, it's actually easier to make a printed book than an e-book. http://t.co/X6S7U8Tkl2 about 7 hours ago from Buffer
- Obama: NSA must reveal bugs like Heartbleed, unless they help the NSA. http://t.co/ENKNHG9f9H about 7 hours ago from Buffer
- German parliament divided over Snowden subpoena in NSA investigation. http://t.co/mpajQ27WEX about 8 hours ago from Buffer
- As Windows XP support ends, are 'XPocalypse' reports overblown? http://t.co/TPZpZumVEk about 10 hours ago from Buffer
- More culture of Shut Up: Dropbox users are angry that NSA-loving Condoleezza Rice has been appointed to its board. http://t.co/sWdh8cRW44 about 11 hours ago from Buffer
- France's 6pm e-mail ban: Not what it seemed. http://t.co/A6fLHHJ4yc about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- Guardian and Washington Post win Pulitzer prize for NSA revelations. http://t.co/JLmxDIrLVZ about 13 hours ago from Buffer