“Once you’ve seen a pattern, you can’t un-see it,” says Brené Brown in her book, The Gifts of Imperfection. One pattern I see time and again is how loading people up with multiple simultaneous projects can dramatically reduce the quality of their work. Most managers and companies don’t understand this, or don’t want to understand [...]
Richard Sennett is a sociologist at New York University and the London School of Economics. In the January/February 2010 issue of Utne Reader, an interview with him is reprinted from American Craft. I found these passages particularly resonant: The most radical thing that could happen in the modern workplace is for workers to say, “Let [...]
Software and services professional, attentive music listener, vision enabler, instigator, reader of books and the web, vegetarian, affordable audio hobbyist, thinker, writer, blogger, tinkerer, Internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- "I've got an idea on how to sell more music, it's called make better music." (Kanye West) http://t.co/QYfVv4E847 Funny. Just like blogging. Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm from TweetDeck
- @luminato Some photos from Bombino + Amadou & Mariam this afternoon. http://t.co/cHnRSG1TWa Jun 16, 2013 11:51 pm from TweetDeck in reply to Luminato
- A water-filtering, floating pool on the Hudson River in NYC. Excellent idea. http://t.co/pX27LxP87i Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm from TweetDeck
- @evernote Is there a preferred way to submit a feature request/suggestion? Can't seem to find a forum for that. Thx. Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am from TweetDeck in reply to evernote
- Ai Weiwei: "The US is behaving like China." http://t.co/chbXvzxLKe Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm from TweetDeck
- Another hat tip: ACLU sues American government over phone surveillance program. http://t.co/NnM0aY0pKz Jun 11, 2013 8:34 pm from TweetDeck
- [blog post] Marcus Aurelius on being present, in the present. http://t.co/8J1CHCzNNz Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm from TweetDeck
- Why "I have nothing to hide" cannot be our response to surveillance. http://t.co/qsoYveitTr Jun 11, 2013 12:41 pm from TweetDeck