“Once you’ve seen a pattern, you can’t un-see it,” says Brené Brown in her book, The Gifts of Imperfection. One pattern I see time and again is how loading people up with multiple simultaneous projects can dramatically reduce the quality of their work. Most managers and companies don’t understand this, or don’t want to understand […]
Richard Sennett is a sociologist at New York University and the London School of Economics. In the January/February 2010 issue of Utne Reader, an interview with him is reprinted from American Craft. I found these passages particularly resonant: The most radical thing that could happen in the modern workplace is for workers to say, “Let […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, tinkerer, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- An anthropologist walks into a bar... http://t.co/a81ePtisl3 about 48 minutes ago from Buffer
- iPhonenomics: What an unlocked smartphone costs in various Latin American countries, and what the differences mean. http://t.co/NOjzjy4Cc9 about 2 hours ago from Buffer
- Snowden: I raised NSA concerns internally over 10 times before going rogue. http://t.co/bfEAL4e2At about 2 hours ago from Buffer
- My partner Jennifer runs a WordPress outfit. If you've been wanting to upgrade your blog or site, here's a good offer http://t.co/V8SWra3Xal about 8 hours ago from Buffer
- Must be awkward when you work at the CBC and suddenly @cbcian stands next to you presenting live news while you're surfing the web. about 20 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone
- "The forgotten saint of the anti-apartheid movement": Helen Suzman deserves her tribute alongside Nelson Mandela. http://t.co/IfCKR9KmRF about 23 hours ago from Buffer
- Not even climate change will kill off capitalism. http://t.co/GbYDp4S9CM Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm from Buffer
- Now the proud owner of a @coteetciel Spree messenger bag. I'm a luggage person, and this is awesome. Mar 05, 2014 9:57 am from TweetDeck