If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- I love it when the “free gift” from a vendor that’s “about to expire” so I should “hurry” turns out to be free shipping. Gee thanks. about 6 hours ago from Buffer
- Big Soda is like Big Tobacco now. http://t.co/hLQS11LK8Z about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- Canada to ship experimental Ebola vaccine to World Health Organization. http://t.co/dtu2yBaynV about 14 hours ago from Buffer
- Henry Giroux on the rise of neoliberalism. http://t.co/Qmi6QrQ1BG Oct 19, 2014 9:05 pm from Buffer
- Launching the website for our new UofT initiative, the Ethnography Lab, tonight. @ethnographylab http://t.co/mEPox6WsIi Oct 19, 2014 8:31 pm from Buffer
- Dudes with drones: Meet the inventors, tinkerers, and entrepreneurs at the forefront of the flying-robot revolution. http://t.co/eX229pPTAp Oct 19, 2014 4:50 pm from Buffer
- "The belief that problems could be solved by software, not people, was the first wrong assumption." http://t.co/v4e4oIExuQ Oct 19, 2014 1:08 pm from Buffer
- Article by the author of the book I'm currently reading for my course: "A 'Necessary Vanity'" http://t.co/dOdsoQl5Mk Oct 19, 2014 11:30 am from Buffer