If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- US subjects the world to the most spam of any country. http://t.co/1k75o0iBYp about 1 hour ago from Buffer
- I occasionally wonder if Paul Simon's Rhythm of the Saints (1990) is in fact the strongest record of his career. about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- Guy walks into a bar. http://t.co/arljILGcWx about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- The never-advertised, always coveted headphones built and sold in Brooklyn. http://t.co/mDO69Tx7vi about 17 hours ago from Buffer
- Listening to the new @RXBandits album. Crowdfunded money well spent. Happy I 'invested.' about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone
- The tech utopia nobody wants: why the world nerds are creating will be awful. http://t.co/DXUs68Wuql about 19 hours ago from Buffer
- The online gig economy is not the future of work – it's driving down wages. http://t.co/ec0r9kqPqO about 21 hours ago from Buffer
- Why does sleeping in just make me more tired? http://t.co/sx4xcQmbWw about 22 hours ago from Buffer