If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Why nothing will dent Vladimir Putin’s soaring popularity at home. http://t.co/mDHVhPITjS about 9 hours ago from Buffer
- So as to not be mobbed, presumably: "NSA keeps low profile at hacker conventions despite past appearances." http://t.co/FmDaMTKm8E about 14 hours ago from Buffer
- While some seek to erase their online record the rest of us languish on the long tail. http://t.co/SaNb4wuagI Jul 30, 2014 5:37 pm from Buffer
- Real life always intrudes on holidays. That’s how it should be. http://t.co/3YLMMQdPzv Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm from Buffer
- Just how likely is another world war? http://t.co/SxrvbrV4Qy Jul 30, 2014 4:29 pm from Buffer
- "The internet is still at the beginning of its beginning." http://t.co/TBfaPAtZ4V Jul 30, 2014 4:20 pm from Buffer
- From Concorde to the iPhone, state intervention drives technological innovation. http://t.co/Gdn6J8xrY4 Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am from Buffer
- "Fact is, we’ve always lived just as fast as our technology will allow." http://t.co/jWKPnEYH39 Jul 27, 2014 1:08 pm from Buffer