If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Thought so: Touch ID is not protected by the fifth amendment but passcodes are. http://t.co/g6AbPcRbRh about 3 hours ago from Buffer
- Demystifying the MOOC. http://t.co/EspH1JXfO4 about 5 hours ago from Buffer
- New word: Clumbersome. (Clumsy, cluttered and cumbersome.) about 7 hours ago from Buffer
- Hong Kong’s Occupy Generation. http://t.co/89oNojwj6Q about 8 hours ago from Buffer
- Google fined for 'disrespectful' Street View pictures of woman's cleavage. http://t.co/KP9B92szlG about 8 hours ago from Buffer
- @kieran Crazy. Oct 30, 2014 12:49 pm from Twitter for iPhone in reply to kieran
- RT @soclinganth: More on language prejudice–this time, accent prejudice–from dialect blog. ht @lynneguist http://t.co/DKKbkmlkk9 Oct 29, 2014 8:57 pm from TweetDeck
- @kieran Damn, you're right. I never saw that before either. Is it new? Oct 29, 2014 8:54 pm from TweetDeck in reply to kieran