If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- North Korea's unlikely tech startups. http://t.co/rXlZMaCO6Y about 1 hour ago from Buffer
- Returning the gaze: everyone’s a war reporter in an always-connected world. http://t.co/xnKJnLOnGh about 5 hours ago from Buffer
- Money is pouring into tech like it's 1999—and that's not good. http://t.co/tQBeZhHbZy about 7 hours ago from Buffer
- RT @dark_shark: Brian Eno and David Graeber will be in conversation at the Royal Geographical Society in London on October 7, 2014 http://t… about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck
- When philosophy becomes therapy. http://t.co/VrmtPZjits about 7 hours ago from Buffer
- RT @LSEImpactBlog: Fork, merge and crowd-sourcing data curation: tools for collective data processing and analysis. http://t.co/4vpryFZMwY Sep 21, 2014 2:28 pm from Twitter for iPhone
- Alicia Keys asks: Why are we here? http://t.co/L3HcURLL1K Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm from Buffer
- Putin considers plan to unplug Russia from the internet 'in an emergency'. http://t.co/km5NNanDxh Sep 21, 2014 12:03 pm from Buffer