If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, aspiring anthropologist, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, attentive music listener, blogger, vegetarian, angry optimist, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about work, politics, technology, business, anthropology, music, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- The coffee of civilization in Iceland. http://t.co/PsNaGQgObu about 2 hours ago from Buffer
- Stripe down and to the right. https://t.co/XlTfPzsT53 Apr 15, 2015 7:43 pm from Instagram
- Noam Chomsky: We’re facing a new Cold War. http://t.co/mvffc6NYxU Apr 15, 2015 8:50 am from Buffer
- Ah, research! http://t.co/oy8HNmyjTl Apr 15, 2015 8:33 am from Buffer
- Sometimes, I really love Google Maps' turn by turn directions. "Make a U-turn. Then, make a U-turn." Apr 14, 2015 2:04 pm from Buffer
- Notice. https://t.co/jvJsbbtfP9 Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm from Instagram
- Someone just said "low hanging fish." Nice. Apr 09, 2015 2:26 pm from Buffer
- There will be no sign from above. You'll only hear the knock-knock-knock of your own heart as signal. (Vienna Teng) Apr 09, 2015 8:04 am from Buffer