If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Hahaha, I don't think you could pay me enough: BlackBerry offers $550 to get iPhone users to switch to Passport. http://t.co/3s6EiJxlFm about 6 hours ago from Buffer
- Big, bad tech: how America’s digital capitalists are taking us all for a ride. http://t.co/sRxz7gO94e Nov 24, 2014 4:41 pm from Buffer
- Exhausted Noam Chomsky just going to try and enjoy the day for once. http://t.co/qGYvrRUwbx Nov 24, 2014 10:35 am from Buffer
- "What I learned from my summer at IDEO." http://t.co/yR4ggCgKtR Nov 23, 2014 10:18 am from Buffer
- Urban planning ideas for 2030, when billions will live in megacities. http://t.co/11gVlsKFT6 Nov 21, 2014 6:40 pm from Buffer
- Utah considers cutting off water to the NSA's monster data centre. http://t.co/Og5Kr4g11V Nov 21, 2014 4:50 pm from Buffer
- Meet the Fortune 500 companies funding the political resegregation of America. http://t.co/qpbLGoyZgE Nov 21, 2014 2:04 pm from Buffer
- ‘Lost’ first languages leave permanent mark on the brain, new study reveals. http://t.co/KSFkMnlp1W Nov 21, 2014 1:43 pm from Buffer