If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, aspiring anthropologist, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- "Yes" signs are everywhere in Scotland. But surveys tell a different story. http://t.co/9sK0ZhfnZO about 2 hours ago from Buffer
- Who is rich? And why do most people seem to think they're "middle class"? http://t.co/QsVRBqU29i about 4 hours ago from Buffer
- ICREACH: How the NSA built its own secret Google. http://t.co/VQHqmxq1tc about 6 hours ago from Buffer
- Are you a summer person? Because the autumn people are already winning. http://t.co/clHudYF7UL about 9 hours ago from Buffer
- Why we’re living in the golden age of investigative journalism. http://t.co/bBHh0nyHI4 about 10 hours ago from Buffer
- Uber slapped with nationwide injunction in Germany. http://t.co/NITaWkgLDX about 10 hours ago from Buffer
- How the internet saved handmade goods. http://t.co/E0psbLsMYp about 13 hours ago from Buffer
- Bookless library opened by new US university. http://t.co/BWBkc2CPoj Aug 31, 2014 8:50 am from Buffer