If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, aspiring anthropologist, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about work, politics, technology, business, anthropology, music, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Lululemon's "Anti-Ball-Crushing" pants ruined my day by making me think about sexism. http://t.co/pNQWp2gjOx about 11 hours ago from Buffer
- A new project off the coast of Australia may make wave power a reality. http://t.co/gnFqHlRDU6 about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- I love it when I get email from someone using Outlook, and they've included an ironic 'J'. Seriously. What year is this? about 12 hours ago from Buffer
- Canadian airlines must have two crew in cockpit at all times. http://t.co/jienzfqjWH Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm from Buffer
- Spring is the new fall. https://t.co/G7peZyNrUt Mar 25, 2015 6:12 pm from Instagram
- Spring. https://t.co/8Id7dOSdPB Mar 24, 2015 1:13 pm from Instagram
- Er, no? https://t.co/nWDjeQUZRx Mar 21, 2015 11:33 am from Instagram
- @LacanConnected It felt amusingly serendipitous. Mar 21, 2015 9:20 am from TweetDeck in reply to LacanConnected