If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, aspiring anthropologist, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about work, politics, technology, business, anthropology, music, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- Debunked: Those delicious-looking photos of school lunches from around the world are totally fake. http://t.co/HaOjT6Ayn3 about 1 hour ago from Buffer
- No comment. https://t.co/PlGh7U87yF Feb 26, 2015 7:58 am from Instagram
- Kensington Market. No filter. @ King's Cafe http://t.co/yyZM6EQa3t Feb 22, 2015 7:00 pm from Instagram
- Oliver Sacks on learning he has terminal cancer. http://t.co/50CQgrWGYB Feb 19, 2015 3:54 pm from Buffer
- Hey look. Only minus 17. http://t.co/eObpDKO6RD Feb 19, 2015 8:20 am from Instagram
- I find Ikea's wooden test butt strangely mesmerizing. http://t.co/IZxW0OeRMg Feb 18, 2015 8:37 pm from Instagram
- No comment. http://t.co/JxYXSTKEBI Feb 18, 2015 1:34 pm from Instagram
- New study finds therapy, antidepressants equally effective at monetizing depression. http://t.co/lw3nyXXUHf Feb 17, 2015 11:22 am from Buffer