If you want to learn about facilitating a meeting, there’s no shortage of advice for you. On the web, in books and workshops, you can learn how to break the ice, encourage interaction, paraphrase contributions that aren’t clear, play devil’s advocate, use humour to diffuse a tense moment, publish an agenda beforehand, and so on. […]
Have you ever had to facilitate a meeting where a large number of people was asked to solve a complex problem? It’s stressful and the outcome isn’t necessarily the resolution of the problem. Every time you think you’ve discovered a solution and apply it, the nature of the problem seems to shift. Depending on your […]
Consultant, vision enabler, problem solver, facilitator, thinker, writer, reader of books and the web, tinkerer, instigator, attentive music listener, affordable audio hobbyist, blogger, vegetarian, internet dweller since 1992. Human being since 1970.
More about me on the About page.
I blog about music, technology, business, vegetarian food, politics, culture and life.
Explore my blog's themes on the About this blog page.
- "The NSA set fire to the internet. You are the firefighters." http://t.co/B4F6eW1Ks9 about 1 hour ago from Buffer
- U of T research: How do Canadian telcos share data with government? They won't say. http://t.co/tEfVezlqel about 3 hours ago from Buffer
- 8 pronunciation errors that made the English language what it is today. http://t.co/tYlR4QgwV3 about 3 hours ago from Buffer
- Business as usual: Rebel posturing and "mindfulness training" can't cover up tech world's awful labor standards. http://t.co/MXvoqsqJR7 about 23 hours ago from Buffer
- Why we need to be honest about Vladimir Putin. http://t.co/UIVafT7pDi Mar 10, 2014 10:37 am from Buffer
- Global military spending is now an integral part of capitalism. http://t.co/qQsuBeDSgB Mar 10, 2014 8:50 am from Buffer
- This 18-year-old is running for mayor of Toronto. http://t.co/0DH5lD6MKu Mar 09, 2014 9:07 pm from Buffer
- The NSA has an advice columnist. Seriously. http://t.co/KBTAqsHV5D Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm from Buffer